Registered Yoga Teacher
While living in India in 1998 Melanie started her own practice of yoga learning about one of human kinds most effective systems for achieving enrichment and happiness in every aspect of life; physical, emotional, mental and spiritual.
After moving to the U.S., in 2001 she became a teacher. She now teaches Hatha yoga from a therapeutic perspective. Her intention is to help students rediscover and develop their own ability to restore balance and wellbeing in their body while delving into awareness of the diamond that dwells deep within.
Commitment to Health
Melanie is a committed student of yoga with a passion for learning this vast field of science and aspires to share her passion with others through her teaching.
Her many certifications include:
- 2001 she received her basic certification in the Kripalu tradition.
- 2003 she received certification in Yoga of the Heart with Nischala Joy Devi.
- 2005 she received certification as a Meditation Facilitator under Tony Murdock.
- 2006 she received certification in Restorative Yoga under Judith Lasater.
- 2008 she received additional training in Therapeutic Yoga under Suzie Hately.
She has also received extensive training in Iyengar Yoga at the Yoga Center of Burlington and Anusara Yoga with Todd Norian.
She is currently studying and practicing Kriya yoga.